I am feeling lucky as an Apple iPhone user. Guys it is not only my opinion, but all iPhone users think like that. Most people are unaware about the best feature of Apple iPhones which is iCloud. Very few people know about this feature and fewer people actually use iCloud.
The main thing every user has to know about iCloud is, it is not limited storage cloud, if you want to user more iCloud storage, just purchase iCloud plans from iCloud account. iCloud is Apple’s own cloud service and Apple is providing 5GB iCloud space for Apple Smartphone users for free lifetime. Many Apple user facing one problem with iCloud is they don’t know how to backup their iPhone data on Cloud and how to restore their backup from Cloud. Here I will explain with details and easy steps, I hope this article will helpful for everyone.
How to Back Up iOS Devices Using iCloud
- Open Menu on your iPhone/iPad/iPod
- Then Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Then Turn on or off the data you want backed up from the selections and then go to Storage & Back up.
- Check Under Backup, turn on the switch for iCloud Backup.
- Here it shows only Apple pre installed Apps. If you want to backup Applications, just select elements from the list & choose installed Apps.
- Scroll down to Storage & Backup, and click on it.
- Select like above image, then click on Manage Storage.
- On this page, it shows a list of applications and data, which you selected before backup. It shows which are in backup file.
- If you want to choose application, just follow above image, I hope it will helpful to you. When you click on device wait for few seconds for loading pages.
- The shown page is info, it shows which Applications are using much space in your device. If you want to see all application of your device, just click on Show All. Then you choose from that list, which application you want to choose for backup.
- Just choose which are informatics and useful to you, if you choose all Applications, it takes much time to backup and restore from cloud and iPhone.
- Here Application selection is easy, I mean if you don’t want to choose Applications to backup on your device, just swipe right to OFF and swipe left to ON. When you trying to Turn OFF, it shows Delete option also.
- If you want to know remaining space, just see bottom.
- Over Wifi Backup and restore easy process, but your mobile full charge and good Wifi signal strength. It is automatic process, if you want to make this manual, just go to iCloud manually by connecting your iPhone or iPad to a Wi-Fi signal and selecting
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
Some people think iCloud is not safe for backup because it needs internet connection. However, if you are serious about network security, another Backup tool introduced here. iStonsoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer can backup every thing (Contacts, SMS, Notes etc to computer without any internet connection.) It works once you connect iOS device to computer and click backup. Feel easy?
How to Restore iPhone Using iCloud
- When launching a new iOS device, a Setup Assistant will automatically ask if you want to “Restore from iCloud Backup.” Choose this option to restore your old iPhone’s data, apps, and settings. It asks only one time.
- Enter your iCloud credentials or username and password.
- You’ll see the most recent backups, just choose from that list. I think most of people choose latest one.
- Don’t open or do on your phone while that progress bar is still doing its thing. iCloud will restore your apps to the version you had rather than the most up-to-date version, unless the previously stored version is no longer available, in which case it defaults to the most recent.
Below Given Will Be Backed Up:
- TV shows purchased through iTunes (U.S. only)
- Notes in the Notes app
- Music purchased through iTunes (but not in all countries)
- Books purchased through iTunes
- Photos in the Camera Roll
- Device settings (for example, Phone Favorites, Wallpaper, and Mail, Contacts, Calendar accounts)
- Messages (iMessage, SMS, and MMS)
- Videos in the Camera Roll
- App data
- Home screen and app organization
Below Given Won’t Be Backed Up:
Media files synced from your computer aren’t backed up, but can be restored by syncing with iTunes, which iTunes list is synced with your device.
Apps, books, music, and TV shows that have been subsequently removed from the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBook store since you downloaded or purchased them.
Maybe you can try iStonsoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer for backup such type files.