Although Mayans predicted that the whole world will end at the December 21st, 2012, things may not happen as that. Whether it is true or a joke, life happens, stuff comes up with sports, with student groups, with elements and other things. There is no doubt that the new year is coming following Santa’s sleigh. New year means new hopes, new plans, new starts, etc. Many people would like to reflect on 2012 and look forward to new year.
At this time, we would like to use new year quotes and sayings to express and decide our new year resolutions. Often quotes consist of a few words but mean a lot. This page posts you several new year resolutions quotes which are inspirational and motivational. You may use any of them as your new year quote or write as regards in a card to send to your best friends. We hope they are helpful. Or you may share your own new year quotes or resolutions with us.
Funny New Year Resolutions 2013
1. “I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.
Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re Doing Something.
So that’s my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody’s ever made before. Don’t freeze, don’t stop, don’t worry that it isn’t good enough, or it isn’t perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.
Whatever it is you’re scared of doing, Do it.
Make your mistakes, next year and forever.” — Neil Gaiman
2. “The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.” — G.K. Chesterton
Smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
Whispering ‘it will be happier’…” — Alfred Tennyson
4. New Year’s eve is like every other night; there is no pause in the march of the universe, no breathless moment of silence among created things that the passage of another twelve months may be noted; and yet no man has quite the same thoughts this evening that come with the coming of darkness on other nights. — Hamilton Wright Mabie
5. People are so worried about what they eat between Christmas and the New Year, but they really should be worried about what they eat between the New Year and Christmas. — Author Unknown
6. Whether we want them or not, the New Year will bring new challenges; whether we seize them or not, the New Year will bring new opportunities. — Michael
7. Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page. Take up one hole more in the buckle if necessary, or let down one, according to circumstances; but on the first of January let every man gird himself once more, with his face to the front, and take no interest in the things that were and are past. — Henry Ward Beecher
List of New Year Resolutions
- Become more self-confident
- Lose weight
- Become more cost-effective
- Give up smoking, drinking and other such habits
- Get a superior Job
- Eat correct
- Get an enhanced education
- Get out of liability
- Save money
- Get fit
- Get a better score on the Report Card (such as 90% up)
- Decrease anxiety
- Take a trip
- Be more autonomous
- Learn something new
- Volunteer to help out others
- Be Less Grumpy