iPad mini was released as no surprise. Except the slight deviation in size, all the possible configuration and price are almost exposed in advance. Now, this 7.9-inch mini iPad is available on from Apple since Oct 26th. This also comes with the question – is iPad mini worth buying? Once you are hesitant if should buy iPad mini, then you can first go through this post to check the respective reasons for buying and not buying. After that, you can then decide to purchase it or not by yourself.
Part 1: Worth Buying Reasons for iPad mini
1. Man-carried. Of course, this point is mainly directing at the traditional iPad device. After all, the iPad mini now can be grasped in one hand only. But for a female use, one hand to hold is still a little difficult. Previous iPad devices are not so convenient to be carried, especially when going out. The most important thing is that the iPad mini is now more convenient for photo taking.
2. Much better configuration, The front-facing camera on the iPad mini can shoot 720P HD video, and the rear camera and 1080P HD video. These specifications are not only substantially better than iPad 2, but also much better than iPad 3. It even reached the same level of the iPad 4 which released at the same day. In addition, iPad mini also supports the Siri function.
3. Faster Internet. Thanks to the adoption of the new technology of WLAN, the WIFI Internet speed almost doubled than the previous iPad.
4. Fit for more cases. For my personal perception, iPad mini has more advantages in reading, playing games (especially small games), social using (with more convenient typing) and GPS. So, it is more suitable for outdoor and leisure.
Extended Tips: Once you have interest about how to enjoy reading on the 7.9inch iPad, you may go to the article how to read ebooks on iPad mini for a reference.
Part 2: Reasons for Not Buying iPad mini
1. Non-retina screen. If you are used to the retina screen for using the new iPad, then this mini device which configured with regular display may not please you.
2. Configured with an A5 instead of A6 processor.
3. Resolution 1024×768 rather than 1280×800.
4. The iPad mini is much cheaper than the iPad 4. But compared to the Nexus 7, there is still a certain gap from the price.
5. You may not care about the four defects if you have a concept of “Buy early to enjoy early”. But, if the new iPad mini released only less than half a year later (just as the iPad 4 released) in the same price with retina screen, A6 process, 1280 x 800 resolution, as well as various other upgrades, then you may find your mini proceeding more and more slowly and unpleasant to your eyes.
Conclusion: Whether to Buy iPad mini or Not?
Is iPad mini worth buying or not? If you still can not decide to purchase the iPad mini or not, then you may have a reference on the following advices to make up your decision.
Advice 1: If you have already have the new iPad in hand, then, you can really wait up for a better configured mini iPad.
Advice 2: If you have no need to take into account of the budget, then don’t hesitate to get the iPad 4. It would be worth buying more than the $329 at least iPad mini.
Advice 3: If you have not used Apple products before, and don’t have too much budget on an iPad, then the iPad mini would be a good choice for you.