How to Transfer Songs from old iPod to new iPod?
I got a new iPod. Now how can I transfer my music from my old iPod to my new iPod? I'd rather not have to copy them all to my HD and back as my old iPod contains 6.48 gigs of music and I don't have that much HD space.
To copy and transfer music from old iPod to new iPod, you can use a third-party software to export the music from your old iPod to computer first, then transfer the exported music files from computer to your new iPod with iTunes. The tool used here is iStonsoft iPod to Computer Transfer, free download it via the link below and then install it on your computer.
Tip: For Mac users, this iPod to Mac Transfer can help you transfer songs from iPod to another iPod on Mac system.
Tutorial: How to Transfer Music from Old iPod to New iPod
Note: At the very beginning, you need to download and install the latest iTunes on your PC.
Part 1: Export music from old iPod to computer
* Launch the installed iStonsoft iPod to Computer Transfer, then connect your old iPod to computer.
* Open the Music library and then check the music files you want to transfer to your new iPod in the file list.
* Right-click and select "Export Checked" to transfer the music from your old iPod to PC.
Tip: If you wanna transfer movies, books, playlists, etc. from old iPod to new iPod, just choose the files from the right libray as you like.
Part 2: Transfer the exported music from computer to new iPod with iTunes
* Eject your old iPod to computer and connect the new iPod to PC.
* Run iTunes and then simply drag&drop the music files exported in Part 1 to iTunes.
* Sync the music files to your new iPod by clicking "File -> Update iPod". Done!
Done! Now you can enjoy your old iPod's music on your new iPod anywhere and anytime! As mentioned above, you can also transfer movies, photos, books, playlists, podcasts, TV shows, etc. from old iPod to new iPod, iPod to iPad, iPod to iPhone, etc.
What's the Next?
Free download to have a try with transferring songs and music from old iPod to new iPod right now!