Read Kindle Books on PC Easily
Are you thinking of reading Kindle books on PC without Kindle devices? In fact, Amazon provides an app to help you access your Kindle eBooks even if you don't have your Kindle with you. It is called Kindle for PC. This software can automatically synchronise your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync. Furthermore, you can create new highlights, notes, and bookmarks and manage those created on your Kindle.
For Mac users, Amazon also provides the Mac version: Kindle for Mac. You can download it on Amazon official site.
In this article, I will show you how to read Kindle books on PC with Kindle for PC software.
Tutorial: How to Read Kindle Books on PC step by step?
Step 1: Run Kindle for PC, you're prompted to sign into your Amazon account. If you don't have an account and don’t care to sign up for one, you can continue without registering.
Step 2: Load a book to Kindle for PC, then you will get the navigation controls, bookmarking, and "Go To" which lets you jump to a particular section of the book. There are 10 different font sizes available. You can bookmark any page in the book as well. You can navigate through the pages with your mouse or simply use the arrow keys.
Step 3: Once you start getting a larger collection of books, you can sort them by Title, Author, and Most Recent.
More Features of Kindle for PC...
- Search for words or phrases within the book you're reading
- Use the built-in dictionary to seamlessly look up the definitions of English words without interrupting your reading.
- Full screen reading view, color modes, and brightness controls offer an immersive reading experience
- Real page numbers for thousands of books in the Kindle Store. Now you can easily reference and cite passages, and read alongside others in a book club or class.
- A German language version of Kindle for PC is available for customers purchasing content from the Amazon.de Kindle Store, which includes instant dictionary word lookup using the Duden Deutsches Universalwörterbuch.