Top 3 Macintosh Anti Virus Software
Think Macs don't catch viruses? Think again! Although Macs are traditionally believed to be less prone to cyber-criminal attacks, recent developments have shown that malware writers are concentrating more and more on finding vulnerabilities in Mac OS and popular Mac applications.
A few days ago, a virus called Flashback made 600, 000 Mac users be affected. And several days later, Computer security company Kaspersky announced, they found a new Trojan virus which aims at Mac users. This Trojan virus is called Blackdoor.OSX.SabPut.
In a world of full of digital viruses, malware and paranoia, how can Mac computers get far away from virus, malware, and adware? The Macintosh Anti Virus Software is the solution! Download a great anti virus software for Mac, which will update automatically and in time, and prevent your Mac from virus, adware, malware, etc.
Tip: Data Recovery for Mac can help you to recover data from hard drive after the computer is affected by virus.
Macintosh Anti Virus Software - Norton AntiVirus
Norton AntiVirus, created and distributed by Symantec Corporation, offers malware prevention and removal during a subscription period. It applies signatures and heuristics to recognize viruses. Additional features involve e-mail spam filtering. Norton AntiVirus operates on Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X.
- Internet Worm Protection
- Automatically detects and removes viruses
- Scans and cleans downloaded files and email attachments
- Protects against attacks that target software vulnerabilities
- Delivers industry-leading prevention in the background, in order to work and play without any noticeable impact on performance
Pros: Norton AntiVirus for Mac offers full, quick and custom scanning features.
Cons: This Mac antivirus application does not offer firewall protection.
Anti Virus Software for Mac - McAfee VirusScan for Mac
McAfee VirusScan is an anti-virus application developed and maintained by McAfee Inc. Supporting both Intel and PowerPC-based systems, this Mac antivirus software is designed to detect and remove existing threats and protect from new ones.
- VirusScan promises to protect you against all types of viruses and malicious code, even new unknown threats.
- Continuous policy enforcement for multiple files, directories, or volumes, including volumes on remote computers connected through the network.
- Protects your Macintosh systems against all types of viruses and other threats, including emerging malware.
- Uses the Mac OS X interface, you can initiate on-demand scanning using file drag and drop.
- Scans files as they are accessed to determine if they are infected with malware.
Pros: VirusScan for Mac can be remotely managed over a network with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
Cons: VirusScan isn't as flexible or powerful as the best Mac antivirus software.
Anti Malware software for Mac - BitDefender Antivirus for Mac
BitDefender has a good track record for detecting and preventing viruses and other forms of malware. BitDefender Antivirus for Mac will help keep your Macintosh system free from Mac malware and will help prevent the transfer of Windows-targeting malware as well.
- Protects against a number of online threats, including social media threats, viruses, spyware and phishing scams.
- Protecting you from threats on the internet, over email and via instant messaging.
- Help is available 24/7 via phone, email or online live chat.
- Easy to use.
Pros: Bitdefender Antivirus Plus includes 24/7 technical support.
Cons: The product is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian and Spanish but not Klingon.
TAGS: anti virus software for mac, anti malware software for mac, anti spyware software for mac