How to Play DivX on Mac?
DivX is a brand name of products created by DivX, Inc., including the DivX Codec which has become popular due to its ability to compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining relatively high visual quality. If you want to play DivX on Mac OS X, a DivX video Player for Mac is needed here.
DivX Player for Mac, first introduced with DivX 6.5 on the 25 May 2006, is a standalone player that plays DivX encoded files and DivX Media Format features such as subtitles, multiple audio tracks, and DivX VOD content. The player for Mac also can read DivX Plus HD compatible files — namely .mkv files encoded with H.264 video and AAC audio. Unlike the DivX 7 and DivX Plus Windows counterparts, this software does not include a burn engine or a utility for moving videos to USB. If you have a lot of DivX videos on your Mac, you can play DivX files on Mac with this player.
DivX Player for Mac Features
* Bundled playback of MPEG-4 ASP video with MP3 audio (.divx/.avi) and DivX Plus files (Matroska with H.264 video and AAC audio)
* Mouse gestures to control video
* Media manager via a video library window * Play any QuickTime supported file
* Play video as desktop background
* Manage certified DivX devices to enable playback of purchased/protected content
* Playback of purchased/protected video content
If you don't want to play DivX on Mac OS X directly or you find this player for Mac works not so perfectly on your Mac computer, you may use DivX Video Converter for Mac / DivX Video Converter. This software can convert DivX to a common video format so you can enjoy DivX movies with with existed media player of your Mac computer.