3 Tools to Move Music from iPod to Mac
The iPod is probably the best portable music player all over the world. It's simple to use, easy to operate, and instantly updated It's easy to take this beautiful and reliable device for granted! But the iPod isn't perfect. One of our pet peeves is the inability to transfer an iPod's music to a computer.
In this article, I will show you 3 tools that can do the reverse of iTunes and help you to move music from iPod to Mac. But First, some things you should know:
Taking music from iPod to a Mac does not mean that the music is erased from the iPod. You're not moving the files - you're merely performing a copy. After you complete the transfer, your songs will be on both the Mac and the iPod.
1. Take Music from iPod to Mac with Expod (Totally free)
Expod is a small and free utility that you can rip songs from iPod to Mac. Expod works by reading the database on your iPod and displaying the information for all your music in a window, this means you can then select what music you want to extract from your iPod and extract it onto your computer, allowing Expod to name it appropriately for you on the go.
How to use Expod?
1) Connect iPod to Mac. Launch Expod, and it will immediately detect the iPod and list iPod on the left sidebar. Click iPod, and you will be presented with a list of all music it contains.
2) You can either manually select songs you'd like to copy or press Command+A to select all of them. Once you hit the Export button, a window will appear to let you specify a destination folder.
3) After making all necessary settings, hit Export to extract music from iPod to Mac fast.
Free, simple, and well-designed; excellent support for multiple iPods.
Barebones feature-set; lack of playlist support.
2. Import Songs from iPod to Mac with iStonsoft (Free Trial)
iPod to Mac Transfer, developed by iStonsoft and designed for Mac users to transfer files like music, movies, books, podcasts, etc. from iPod to Mac. Extremely easy to use. Compatible with all iPods, iPhones, as well as iPads.
Within 3 simple steps, you can download music from iPod to Mac:
1) Run the software and link iPod to Mac.
2) Click "Music" icon to open iPod music library folder, locate and check the music files you wanna transfer to Mac, then choose "export checked files to local" in the top "Export" menu.
3) Select a local folder to store your music and click the "Save" button. That's all.
Simple to use, excellent support for multiple iPods, iPads, iPhones.
Not only support music, but also playlist, books, movies, photos, podcasts, audiobooks, TV shows, etc.
Professional support team to solve your problems.
The trial version supports transferring only 30 files in total. For further using, you have to buy the full version.
3. Move Music from iPod to Mac with iPodDisk (Totally Free)
iPodDisk is an elegant little free (as in beer) utility that opens your iPod up in Finder just like was a normal drive. Unlike opening an iPod in Windows, iPodDisk turns all of the odd file structures into an easy-to-navigate layout that lets you sort down through your artists, albums, playlists, etc. - drag whatever you want off and put it in your iTunes.
Quick and easy to use.
Needs MacFUSE installed. Can't work without MacFUSE.