Top 3 Free Laptop Data Recovery
Are you looking for laptop data recovery software here and there? In this article, I will share 3 laptop hard drive recovery tools with you.
Free Laptop Data Recovery - Recuva
Recuva (www.recuva.com) is very easy to use file recovery software for Windows computer. With user-friendly Windows-based tool, you can recover data such as pictures, music, documents, videos or other files. With this free laptop data recovery software, you can set the search location to everywhere on your laptop: removable media only, in My Documents, the Recycle Bin, or a specified location.
Platform: Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server,
Features of laptop data recovery:
- Undelete files on your computer
- Recovery from damaged or formatted disks
- Recover deleted emails
- Recover deleted iPod music
- Restore unsaved Word documents
- Quick-Start Wizard
- Deep Scan
- Securely delete files you want to erase forever
Pros and Cons:
Extremely easy to use
Contains a simple wizard and advanced options - perfect for everyone
Full Recuva installation also installs the Yahoo! Toolbar though it can be optionally deselected
Results are not guaranteed
Scans can be slow, especially Deep Scans
Free Laptop Data Recovery - TestDisk
As the name indicates, TestDisk(cgsecurity.org) was primarily designed to fix system partition and file system problems. TestDisk is powerful free data recovery software which can help recover lost partitions and/or make non-booting disks bootable again when these symptoms are caused by faulty software, certain types of viruses or human error.
With this free laptop data recovery, you can:
- Fix partition table, recover deleted partition
- Recover FAT32 boot sector from its backup
- Rebuild FAT12/FAT16/FAT32 boot sector
- Fix FAT tables
- Rebuild NTFS boot sector
- Recover NTFS boot sector from its backup
- Fix MFT using MFT mirror Locate ext2/ext3/ext4 Backup SuperBlock
- Undelete files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystem
- Copy files from deleted FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2/ext3/ext4 partitions
Pros and Cons:
Supported multi-platforms from Windows, Macintosh to Linux etc.
Solid recovery capabilities to deal with different data lose scenaries.
Not suitable to those general who don’t like command line as there is no GUI.
Also you have to scan the whole disk for the lost files instead of a folder, making it quite time intensive.
You can’t choose what to recover and what need not.
Best Laptop Data Recovery - Data Recovery
Data Recovery retrieves your lost videos, photos, music, documents, emails, etc. from your PC’s hard drive as well as from USB drives, external hard drives, mobile phones, digital cameras, iPods, MP3/MP4 players, and other storage media.
Platforms: Windows 7/Vista/2000/XP (Click to see the Mac Data Recovery Software)
Key features of this laptop data recovery:
- Recover Photos, videos, music, docs, emails, .zip, etc.
- Recover deleted, formatted, or otherwise inaccessible files.
- Recover from USBs, external hard drives, mobile phones, digital cameras, iPod, MP3/MP4 players and more.
- Common file formats allow to preview, such as BMP, GIF, PNG, JPEG, JPG, TIF, DOC, DOCX, HTM, PDF, PPT, PPTX, RAR, XLS, XLSX, ZIP, etc.
- Extremely easy to use.
Pros and Cons:
Recover all kinds of things.
Smooth and high efficiency.
Preview feature allows previewing files before recovering data.
Only free to download the trial version. Need to pay for the full version.