YouTube Supported Formats
What file format does YouTube support?
What are the file formats that compatible with YouTube?
What is the best video format for YouTube?
I just want to upload my videos to YouTube, what are the YouTube supported formats for uploading?
Have you come up against the similar problems as above? Do you want to know YouTube supported video formats? If you still be frustrated with the question that don't know which is the best video format for YouTube, just find the answer from here right now. This article is specially written down to show you all the YouTube supported files formats which you should know for uploading files to YouTube. Of course, the best format for uploading files to YouTube will be specially mentioned in the following YouTube supported formats list.
Tips: If you want to download YouTube videos freely to local disk or portable device for entertainment, you may use the Free YouTube Downloader for Mac / Free YouTube Downloader. This application enables you to grab all YouTube videos with a few clicks.
YouTube can accept videos in various file formats. Each video format has its own benefits and drawbacks. And some of them have the best visual effect on YouTube. If you want to convert your video files to YouTube, we highly recommend you to have a try with Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate. (If you are Mac user, then just give a try to the Video Converter Ultimate for Mac.) This software can directly convert videos to the default best video format to YouTube. So you don't have to worry about if the converted files are supported by YouTube or not.
Just take a look at the following formats list and tune your video formats for YouTube now.
Friendly Video Format of YouTube When Uploading Videos
• WebM (Supports Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec.)
• 3GP (YouTube is allowing videos to be uploaded from mobile phones.)
• MPEG4 (Typically supports h264 and mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec.)
• MOV (This format files with h.264 and mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec are supported.)
• AVI (Typically supported video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM. Many cameras output files in this format.)
• MPEGPS (Typically supports MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio.)
• WMV files (The files saved in .MSWMM by Windows Movie Maker are not accepted by YouTube.)
• FLV (Support FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio.)
• Other YouTube supported formats: MP4, MKV, DivX.
OK, here are all YouTube Supported formats. Before you upload video files to YouTube, please make sure your media file is on the compatible format list of YouTube.