3 Alternatives of iPhoto for Windows
Abstract: Here are some alternative programs of iPhoto for Windows, with them, you can edit photos on Windows platform with the same functions as iPhoto on Mac.
When switching from a Mac to a PC, people often find themselves looking for Windows versions of their tried and trusted Mac applications. However, if you are looking for iPhoto for Windows, you may be disappointed to hear that Apple doesn't make one. Fortunately, there are a number of free alternatives of iPhoto for Windows users.
Here, I will introduce top 3 replacement software of iPhoto for PC version, which are capable of doing many, if not all, of the same organizing and editing functions you were used to with iPhoto on Mac. They are:
1. Edit photos like red-eye removal, crop, retouch, color adjustment, etc. - Best choice: Picasa
2. Make slideshows to share on PC, YouTube, mobile devices or website - Best choice: DVD Slideshow Builder
3. Create photo books, greetings card and calendars - Best choice: Photo Collage Maker
Important: iPhoto is a great tool to manage photos from iOS devices. If you want to transfer photos from iPhone, iPad, or iPod, try iStonsoft iPad/iPhone/iPod to Computer Transfer to achieve this.
iPhoto for PC Alternative #1 - Picasa
The closest equivalent of iPhoto for Windows is Picasa. With it, you can organize, edit, and share your favorite photos with ease, just the way iPhoto does. With this iPhoto for Windows, you can:
- Quickly search through all your photos and organize photos into events and albums.
- Group photos of the same face type together with the face recognition feature.
- Adjust exposure, crop, control red eye, convert to black and white, and more.
- Catalog any screenshots you take with the print screen button.
- Share photos with friends and family with the 1GB's sharing option.
- With the desktop manager, you can also sync photos with your online galleries so any changes you make are kept up to date.
Pros and Cons:
- Photo editing features in Picasa and iPhoto very comparable.
- Provides a high quality free desktop application for photo library management that even supports many RAW formats.
- Totally free.
- Picasa’s uploaders all seem to have issues at times uploading and downloading large sets of images. It’s quite frustrating because it may miss a few of the images.
- Images viewed at Picasa Web Albums look terrible.
- You're limited to 1000 albums and 1000 photos per album.
- Facebook upload requires plug in. Histogram not editable.
iPhoto Download for Windows Alternative #2 - DVD Slideshow Builder
DVD Slideshow Builder is absolutely one of the best slideshow software around the world, which allows you to make better looking slideshow, while the slideshow features of iPhoto are very basic and limited. With this alternative of iPhoto for Windows, you can:
- Drag-n-drop unlimited photos, videos and music to create your show.
- Customize your DVD slideshow with 130+ 2D/3D transitions.
- Look like a pro with built-in film effects.
- One-click to burn photo slideshows to DVD.
- Share high-quality videos on YouTube, Facebook & virtually anywhere.
Pros and Cons:
- Wizard-style interface guides you step by step.
- Hollywood-like movie styles: fast to preview & apply.
- Touch up photos/videos with crop, rotate tools and special effects.
- Share DVD Slideshow on TV, YouTube, Facebook, devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod, Xbox, PSP, etc.
- Background Music, Text Effects, Red-eye Removal. etc.
Can only use the trial version free for 90 Days.
iPhoto for PC Alternative #3 - Photo Collage Maker
Picture Collage Maker, an easy-to-use photo collage maker which can turn ordinary photos and pictures into stunning keepsakes for sharing with family and friends. With this iPhoto for Windows, you can do the following things:
- Make collages, scrapbooks, posters, invitations, calendars, and greeting cards with a few clicks.
- Make your photo collage be personalized with your own digital photos.
- Decorate your photo collage with frames, masks, text and cliparts.
- Create custom calendars or greeting cards with ease and personality.
Pros and Cons:
- Designed photo book templates, greetings card templates, calendar templates for you to get easily started.
- The photo collage maker wizard takes you step-by-step through the process.
15-day trial version limitation.